The townsite of Beechina was gazetted in May 1904 on what had previously been Reserve 8595. Sixteen lots classed as 'Suburban Lands for Cultivation' and 'Working Men's Blocks, were initially offered for sale. The new townsite was located adjacent to the Eastern Railway line and a siding was later erected towards the northern end of the town.
No usable photographs exist in the Society's collection for Beechina. The background photograph used is of the Wooroloo railway station.