logo watermark

Bailup

Back

 

The name first appears as 'Baylup' on government surveyor, Philip Chauncy's survey plans in the 1840s. An Inn and a Police Station existed in the location between 1840 - 1870 and serviced travellers using the Toodyay Road. The suburb of Bailup was created during the 1990s.

 

No photographs exist in the Society's collection for Bailup. The background photograph used is of the Wooroloo railway station.